[meteorite-list] Meteorites that can't get any, Casper the frendly theif, and a deeply stupid article

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:14:19 -0700

Interesting...
        Anyone know who is David Serchuk? Is he
Just some writer who peeked into the meteorite
Market long enough to gather a few facts and
Then jump to conclusions?
        While I agree with many of his statements,
His "never to return again" hypothesis regarding
The height of meteorite prices in the late '90s is
not just questionable, but almost certainly wrong.
For one, the number of high roller fossil
collectors and comic book fanatics may increase
Only slowly over time, but meteorite collecting is
An arena that could explode to many times its
Current level in a relatively short period of time -
And the group of collectors today is so extraordinarily
Small that it could grow to sever hundreds of times
Its size in a sprint of only a few years ...... and then
continue to grow.
        So, his conclusion of prices having peeked to
A level never to be seen again is nothing short of
absurd.
        Other thoughts?
        Michael