[meteorite-list] Ad

From: James Tobin <jamespault_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 09:14:57 -0800

Well this is a first for me. An advertisement.

My greatly expanded book on Meteor Crater is complete and available for
purchase.

Included in the volume are reprints of the original reports on the crater by
Barringer, Thilgman, and Gilbert. The cost of these papers alone would be
several times the cost of my book were you to buy the reports today.

But, the narrative tours of the rim and the floor should be very
entertaining for anyone who has seen the crater but especially for people
who have not. I tried to make them as close to being there walking as I
could. You can not go to most of those sites at the crater anymore.

The book is pretty rich in photographs and stuffed with information.

It can be seen and bought at:

http://www.cafepress.com/Craterbook

Looking forward to greeting many of you at Tucson in about a month.

Best regards, Jim Tobin