[meteorite-list] Stefan's New Find

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:13:58 +1100

Hi Bernd,

I've been thinking what this could possibly be too. It's pure speculation
really as pieces like this aren't seen too often. It's a small stone so I'm
guessing one half may be an inclusion. I'm going to go completely outside
the square here and say that it *might* be a CK4 (breccia?) that represents
different areas of the parent body. Something makes me think of the CV3's
and how some specimens show different inclusions that have metamorphosed
differently from other areas on the parent body. Maybe by one of or a
combination of aqueous alteration, heat and impacts. These different areas
would then have been intermixed through later impact events.

Just a thought! ;-)

Cheers,

Jeff