[meteorite-list] Dealers, Sellers: Please INSURE your shipments

From: Norbert & Heike Kammel <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:36:33 +1000

Aloha Gary, G'Day List,

in the interest of the buyer, to avoid paying high import duties, we
hardly state the correct contents (we state iron meteorites as 'native
iron specimens) and declare a much lesser value, so the customer does
not have to pay import tax.
But that is a dual agreement between us and the customer. We recommend
to insure, and if the customer refuses this, the package will be sent at
his/her own risk.

The sellers duty of care is generally fulfilled with lodging a well
packed parcel at the post office. The customer knows the risk for not
paying the additional money for insurance and for declaring a lesser
value for the contents.

Throughout our time of business we lost three packages, and in all cases
we sent replacements at the same or better value at no costs for the
customer.
It may be a little too much asked for if the value is several thousand
dollars. :-\
Please also keep in mind that to some destinations it cannot be insured for.

In the interest of our business we will always endeavour to keep our
customers satisfied and are very proud of our unblemished reputation.

These are just our thoughts in this matter.

Best regards from Down-Under,

Norbert Kammel
IMCA # 3420
www.rocksonfire.com