[meteorite-list] Sober thought

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 22:17:24 -0400

One of the ironic details concerning Valera was the ranch owner's
nonchalance over the event. A physician, he reasoned that deaths
necessarily resulted from rocks falling from the sky. (Reasonable.)
It was a Venezuelan astronomy professor who realized the significance
of the event and interviewed the family and ranch hands.

  Valera's value has been compromised as a result of an initial
inexpensive offering---an unimaginable absurdity. (And I'm in-part
to blame.)