[meteorite-list] who were the uncooperative secret searchers ?

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:40:04 -0700

Michael Farmer wrote:

> Steve Arnold Notkin
> Thompson Phillips wesel
> All are refusing to share a scrap of data
> Mike

Mike:

I suggest you get your facts straight before you start accusing my
team mates of anything.

Rob Wesel, Patrick Thompson, Ruben Garica, Jason Philips, Mike Miller,
Steve Arnold, John Sinclair and myself have all already provided our
find numbers and weights to Teddy. I'm sure other numbers will be
forthcoming when the finders are comfortable with it.

As mentioned earlier on the List, we took several guys out with us who
found their first meteorite on this trip. We also hunted with some of
our gracious landowners and showed them how to find meteorites on
their own property, and asked them to let us know if they turned up
anything in future. As such, I will not have the great group of people
I was hunting with portrayed on the List as "uncooperative secret
searchers." I notice that your team members Robert and Shauna did not
have their totals posted on Teddy's list. Maybe you could devote your
energy to collecting data from your own people before complaining
about anyone else.

It's excellent that detailed find data is being compiled on this fall.
This may be the most accurate strewnfield data collected in the US
since Jim Kriegh, Twink Monrad, John Blennert and friends mapped Gold
Basin in the 1990s. And it would be even better if we could get along
while doing it, without pointing fingers.

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.meteoriteblog.org