[meteorite-list] Unidentified object from sky destroys car in Cottonwood

From: Pat Brown <radio_ranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:19:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Eric and the List,

Interesting photos. I highly doubt that the "windshield melted", it looks much more like the plastic film between the layers of glass (that make it safety glass as used in windshields) just stretched from the impacting object.

The photo of the 'debris' inside the car shure does not look like a meteorite or a re-entered piece of space junk. It also does not look like a blade from a big wood chipper like the last few 'meteorites' hitting cars and houses.

Pat Brown
Hardware Reliability Engineer (and ex-materials engineer)