[meteorite-list] Fusion Crusted "Meteoroids"

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:29:22 -0700

Good points on the production and destruction rates.

Do we know how many meteoroids crash into the Sun or other planets? The
moon is a good example to look for a number of impacting meteoroids, but
it doesn't say how many will graze any given planet though. Unless of
course you're able to figure a ratio of impacting versus grazing bodies.
Does crossing through our atmosphere or the atmosphere of another planet
change the orbit of a meteoroid? I imagine it would right? And would it
come back to hit us again, maybe at a sharper angle? Or would it throw
the meteoroid out into the cosmos never to be seen again?

This really does bring up lots of questions...