[meteorite-list] Meteorite or Meteorwrong?

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 21:04:33 -0700 (PDT)

It looks lighter than the basalts I'm used to. I'd have to say andesite (definitely not granite). It also looks terrestrial to me. Any meteoriticists out there? What is the procedure of having it tested? Specifically, what steps would you take to test it (not where do I sent a suspected meteorite to be tested)?

Mark B.
Vail, AZ