[meteorite-list] Meteorites and Moroccans and the List

From: Erik Fisler <erikfwebb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 22:03:20 -0700

Martin, so many good points in the last few posts you've made along with
many others contributing good points.
Ultimately karma will fix those who bring it upon themselves.

"This "hobby" is all about the money and nothing else for many people."
- I have heard several times from prestigious hunters when I talk about Franconia say,
" It's not worth it to go to Franconia unless you find something over a Kilo anymore."

Obviously those people don't enjoy the sport of metal detecting.
Although, Franconia and Gold Basin are places that have had so much
detecting pressure that it forces one to learn his machine by heart.
I'm glad some people opt out of hunting there because it leaves more for the
new guys that need to pop their cherry.
Plus, I know that I need to get a meteorite fix if I've been unsuccessfully cold hunting for
to long....
There's nothing that compares to hearing an H Chondrite break your threshold!!!
 [Erik]