[meteorite-list] Another lying kid gets clueless paper to publish his story

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:26:04 -0500

Caution-- this story contains such a dense concentration of misinformation that
there is the risk of it tearing a hole in reality and suck you into your
monitor.

Photo in the link.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2009/09/22/meteorite-rocks-bruno-s-world-97319-24745554/

'Meteorite' rocks Bruno's world

Sep 22 2009 by Vicky Farncombe, Birmingham

STARGAZING student Bruno Bertullo had a wish come true when what he believes to
be a meteorite landed in his grandmother?s back garden.

The Spanish 16-year-old was playing on the computer in his bedroom when out of
the corner of his eye he saw a fireball whizz past the window.

He ran down to the garden in Blackford Road, Sparkhill, where he discovered an
unusual looking rock.

It was the size of his hand and covered in holes.

?I tried to touch it but it was very hot so I ran back into the kitchen to fetch
the tongs,? said Bruno.

?I put it in some cold water and straight away the water went hot.

?It?s very strange. I have never seen anything like it in my life and it wasn?t
in the garden before.? The keen astronomer studied the rock and looked up its
structure on the internet.

?I think it?s a meteorite,? he said. ?I know from listening to spacemen that
meteorites look broken and their surface is full of pores ? just like this one.?

Bruno, who moved from Madrid to his grandmother?s house to practise his English,
is a sports student at Solihull College.

He said he was ?really excited? to find the moon rock.

?I?m very interested in astronomy. I never thought I should be so lucky as to
find a meteorite,? he said.

Meteorologist John Wright from the University of Birmingham said it was ?very
likely? that the rock fell from outer space.

?The earth?s orbit has been passing through a cloud of meteorites in the last
few weeks so I?m not surprised,? he said. ?We?ve had a lot of people witnessing
shooting stars. If it is a meteorite it will be very dark and heavy.?