[meteorite-list] Hawking on Alien Life - Alan Hills, Yamamoto, Nakhla

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 15:09:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hello List,

In line with NASA's 2009 paper (Life on Mars: New Evidence from Martian Meteorites - McKay, Thomas-Keprta, Clemett, Gibson, Spencer, Wentworth). Stepehen Hawkins makes a cryptic comment in this release touting his soon to debut telly program (May 9th - Discovery Channel)surmising that aliens we might encounter will be in microbial form. He also opines we should avoid contact with alien life forms.

How prophetic considering the microbacterial and fossil remains found in Alan Hills 84001, Y000953 and most remarkably in "Nakhla".

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/space/article7107207.ece?print=yes&randnum=1272220971558

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536