[meteorite-list] Lorton, Smithsonian and "cool" scientists thinking

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:58:51 -0500

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:44:30 -0500, you wrote:

>Something I have noticed in the last couple of years - more and more
>scientists have ponytails, dreadlocks, and tattoos. When I watch
>science documentaries on TV now, you often see a young scientist with
>a goatee and dreadlocks. It's funny and encouraging at the same time.

So, like in so many other ways, wild-haired hippy Albert Einstein was ahead of
his time...

As long as scientists don't start having lip lenses. Lip lenses bound way
beyond the line of "look at them funny" and to within easy reach of "beat them
to death with a shovel" territory...

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/01/27/clear-lens-face-pier.html