[meteorite-list] Its official! NWA 6291 "The King of Angrites" for sale - AD

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 21:06:08 -0400

Hi Greg, Jason and List,

Well, regardless of what the parent body is, that is a spectacular meteorite.

Congratulations are in order again for Greg - you hit the Moroccan
Lottery with that one. :)

I am very curious about the parent bodies of all meteorites, and I
wish we knew exactly where all of the meteorites in our collection
came from. But, lacking definitive parent-body data on a given
specimen does not make it less interesting. Wherever this bizarre
angrite came from, it must be a very strange place.

What if, an angrite like this one was an inclusion in a larger angrite
mass? - thus explaining it's affinity to angrites and it's exotic
composition - perhaps Greg got lucky and this mass was ejected or
seperated from a larger angritic body that is more in-line with what
we would expect from an angrite.

Best regards,

MikeG
http://www.galactic-stone.com