[meteorite-list] Its official! NWA 6291 "The King of Angrites" for sale -...

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:17:41 -0700

Hello Anne,

A beautiful example!

I'd like to stress the fact that I'm not trying to put Greg's Angrite
down in any way - it's just that there *are* other Angrites that
display translucent crystals (clearly)...and they probably aren't from
Mercury.

I know that the Hupe's seem to refute this claim in their ads,
but...take a look at that Melinda Hutson's article in the May 2008
Meteorite magazine. It's pretty concise, and makes some excellent
points. They're entitled to their opinion, but I know that if I had
any Angrite to sell, I wouldn't say it was even probably from Mercury.
 At most I'd say that it had been suggested, but that it didn't seem
likely based on the literature. I'd equate it to the ALH 84001 'life'
issue. There's no good proof, and there's plenty to go against the
theory.
Personal opinion, I guess.

It's still a beautiful, extremely rare meteorite/type that warrants
its own niche in any collection.

Regards,
Jason