[meteorite-list] Related Meteorite Falls 11 years apart? BothHammers! Both L6 Olivine-hypersthene

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 18:03:42 -0800

I was going to stay closed mouth since I opened it a few hours ago and
got my theory handed back to me very matter-of-factly. However, a rain
drop is hardly a meteorite and does not orbit the Sun, unless of course
it somehow miraculously escapes the Earth's gravitational field. But
then it would freeze in deep space and would no longer be considered
rain now would it? I believe frozen water is called ice if I'm correct.
but then again wouldn't it melt once it got closer to the sun? I could
be wrong here so please point out if I am... I'm sure you will.

All the BS aside, I would venture a guess that if someone found two
meteorites of the same class 1.4 miles away from one another as cold
finds they would assume the area would be a strewnfield until proven
otherwise. This without of course taking into account any dating of the
stones.

Didn't I read a while back about asteroid-quakes? As asteroids near the
Earth newer material is brought to the surface. In other words, would an
asteroid's surface act as a shield against the cosmic rays to the
interior of the asteroid? Would this affect anything at all? Is ALL
material in any given asteroid the same age, or is this age determined
by the cosmic radiation levels within any given part? Does this take
into account other older and younger bodies impacting a parent body and
becoming part of that body? Is accretion real or a figment of scientific
world's imagination? Am I asking too many questions? ;)

I'm being facetious of course. Now, I'm assuming a lot of things here,
and call me an ass if you like, but at least I didn't sound like an ass
by slamming someone else on-list and insulting them by explaining what
rain is.

As far as I know a meteorite is made of stone or iron, or a mixture of
both and it comes from an asteroid, and these asteroids come from space
and all have orbits unless those orbits are perturbed by a larger body,
like which I have been apparently.

Regards,
Eric