[meteorite-list] Mercury Meteorites - the short list

From: Bernd V. Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 22:23:39 +0000

Hi All,

I would like to remind you of Russ Kempton's article in "Meteorite!"

Kempton R. (1996) Abee: More Questions Than Answers
(METEORITE! Magazine, Pallasite Press, November, 1996):

"Curiously, the study of light reflected from Mercury's surface
 indicates that it is iron-rich and oxygen-poor - characteristics
 shared with E chondrites".*

... or with some of their achondritic counterparts: the aubrites.