[meteorite-list] LOSS OF METEORITE BY UPS

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 23:48:39 -0500

Hi, All,

An added note of advice, I always wondered why Adam Hupe' shipped tiny, sometimes almost weightless, pieces of meteorite in a relatively huge

 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" x 6" box, until I heard similar stories like this in the past and it dawned on me.

An box this size is not easily concealed in clothing by a postal/courier employee, and would discourage all but the most determined thief.

Was this intentional, Adam, and has it proven beneficial, in your experience?

I haven't sold any meteorites yet, but when I do I'll be shipping in similar containers.

Merry Christmas,

Pete