[meteorite-list] Your Strong Presence in the Solar System

From: Chladnis Heirs <news_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:49:45 +0100

Hello all,

and one thing you should not forget, so surprisingly it may sound for the
one or the other:

You all here on the list are actively taking part in and grandly supporting
the exploration of our Solar System, either in hunting samples of the
celestial bodies of our Solar System or enabling with your purchases of your
collection specimens the work of the prominent and of the anonymous hunters.

You're building up the backbone of earthbound planetology - and that more
than ever.

Your enthusiasm for the rocks of space and your hand-tight money spent grant
that all these samples and materials are and steadily become available for
science. Those samples, which mankind with its technical and financial means
cannot retrieve else and which allow a more profound, much broader and
detailed research on the history and compositions of the bodies of the Solar
System than remote sensoring with space probes and in situ work with landers
and rovers allow.

Let's all hope, that this awareness wins recognition also in those
countries, which are about or already have abandoned that most low-cost, but
in the same place extremely efficient form of planetary research and
exploration of the Solar system in taking away the legal preconditions
necessary that those materials can be found at all.

Let us take the opportunity to portend the next set of brand-new abstracts
with new data and results about our recent Martian meteorites;
Stones, which never could have been found without the help of the
collectors, the tireless dedication of the anonymous hunters in Sahara and
the support of the scientists.
To all of you we and science owe deepest respect.

Introducing abstract for NWA 6162:

S. M.Kuehner, A. J. Irving, C. D. K. Herd, M. Gellissen, T. J. Lapen and D.
Rumble, III:

PRISTINE OLIVINE-PHYRIC SHERGOTTITE NORTHWEST AFRICA 6162: A PRIMITIVE MAGMA
WITH ACCUMULATED CRYSTALS DERIVED FROM DEPLETED MARTIAN MANTLE.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2011/pdf/1610.pdf

Dating and formation of the depleted permafic diabase NWA 5990:

C.-Y. Shih, L. E. Nyquist, Y. Reese, and A. J. Irving:
Rb-Sr AND Sm-Nd AGES, AND PETROGENESIS OF DEPLETED SHERGOTTITE NORTHWEST
AFRICA 5990.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2011/pdf/1846.pdf

New data for cosmic and terrestrial ages for eight Martian meteorites,
among them NWA 4925 and NWA 5789:

K. Nishiizumi, K. Nagao, M. W. Caffee, A. J. T. Jull, and A. J. Irving:
COSMIC-RAY EXPOSURE CHRONOLOGIES OF DEPLETED OLIVINE-PHYRIC SHERGOTTITES.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2011/pdf/2371.pdf

Let the voyage go on!
Have all a fine weekend.

Martin & Stefan

Chladni's Heirs
Munich - Berlin
Fine Meteorites for Science & Collectors

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com