[meteorite-list] Melt Breccia Eucrite - "The Cosmic Cookie" - NWA7266 - AD

From: Greg Hupé <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:47:04 -0400

Hello All,

I had a few people ask to see the exterior of NWA 7266 prior to cutting. The
main mass preserves all of the best features of this Eucrite melt breccia.
What appears to be fusion crust is in fact pure melt with massive amounts of
vesicles contained in a crater-like concave feature. Here is the image of
this side:
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa7266/dscn0002.jpg

The rest of the stone was severely sand blasted during its time in the
Sahara desert, leaving no crust or other unique features. Here is the image
of the end cut:
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa7266/dscn0016.jpg

FYI ~ The interest in this spectacular meteorite was so great that only the
largest slice remains available, the 106.73g beauty as seen here:
106.73g complete slice (cs) - $4800.00
119mm x 112mm x 3.5mm
1) http://www.lunarrock.com/GH-423/dscn0003.jpg
2) http://www.lunarrock.com/GH-423/dscn0004.jpg