[meteorite-list] Asteroid Or Comet Sutters Mill

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 20:46:09 -0400

Hi List,

This is great stuff. Thanks to Alan and Larry for enlightening us on this.

There has been some talk of the volatiles content of CM meteorites.
So, is it safe to assume that CM meteorites also originate from the
darker outer reaches of the asteroid belt where Tagish Lake hails
from? Meteorites rich in volatiles presumably come from that region
where solar effects are minimized?

Best regards,

MikeG

--