[meteorite-list] [IMCA] The End of n Era - California Fall

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 08:24:15 -0700

Hey All,

For me personally, and I can comfortably say for my immediate partners here, we are being educated about local history and current events as much as we are informing locals about 'meteors', 'meteorites' and this particular meteorite. Most all locals (99%) that I have met are more than warm and wonderful people, very interested in this current event in an already historical area. I have many photos to share later that are on my regular camera and only post to Facebook occasional 'meteor/meteorite'-related images from my cell phone, mostly the signs as I find them a fun challenge for us to communicate with the property owners, several of which we eventually have gained access to those no access sign property meant for non-locals. A little time talking and educating folks does wonders instead of just assuming one can just walk onto anyones land to do as they please. I heard of one incident on about the second dat after the event of two well-known hunters being 'detained' with drawn guns by local police after be
ing called by a neighbor about trespassers, turned out later the property owner had given them permission to hunt. I would hope my neighbor would do the same thing to protect my property!

I really love this place, except for the poison oak. In fact, I have already made plans to prospect for gold with two different property owners in the near future... How cool is that?! :)

Best Regards,
Greg Hupe