[meteorite-list] eBay auction for Coloma Meteorite is being pulled

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 16:51:54 -0700

The morning before this MPC (main-piece-of-crap) was listed, I was walking
in the south-west field in the park, approached by a frantic guy, running at
me, who insisted I come see the 50lb+ main mass found just south of Pilot
Hill, "right over there" pointing...I could even get a chance to see it if I
could find "the guy on the Harley, it's in his saddle-bag!"

him: "He's looking for the Nasa guys! Do you know where they are???? It's
huge, and is super heavy, and has all the features!"

me: "Is it roundish and smooth?"

him: "No, it's really cool-like, has all the scoops and stuff!! Really
heavy, magnetic too! I heald it...gotta be 50+ pounds! You gotta see it!!"

Of course, he went running away, and I kept walking the grass field......