[meteorite-list] Monnig questions

From: Martin Goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:26:29 +0000

Hi Zelimir,

Thankyou for that information and i hope Matteo is reading this as
more information from him regards the specimens that he sold would be
most useful.

In the 1996 Monnig catalogue there are two specimens of Ensisheim
listed (I have a copy of that particular page but i am still after a
copy of the entire catalogue) One is numbered 218.1 and weighs 3.9
grams and the second is numbered 218.2 and is listed as 4.3 grams. In
the 2008 Monnig catalogue there is a specimen numbered 218.4 listed as
weighing 22 grams. I assume the 33 gram specimen that you mention is a
newer acquisition by TCU. The search goes on!

So for your information and to keep your Ensisheim listings as
accurate as possible my current specimen is a 4.1 gram Monnig numbered
specimen 218.2

Kind regards

Martin

--