[meteorite-list] AD: Special - NWA 7835, unique harzburgitic ungrouped achondrite

From: Stefan Ralew <stefan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 22:07:12 +0200

Dear List Members,

today I would like to introduce a very special meteorite that certainly
belongs to the rarest meteorite ever found. NWA 7835 - a unique,
harzburgitic, ungrouped achondrite. The appearance of the rock reminds on
some olivine-phyric Martian shergottites. It is probably the first find of
such a meteorite, and it is probably "one of a kind". A very fresh meteorite
find with a beautiful shiny fusion crust. NWA 7835 is a "must" for any
collector of extremely rare and exotic meteorites. In terms of rarity, this
meteorite is on par with other unique meteorites from NWA, like NWA 7325,
NWA 7034, NWA 011.

Paired finds are not known. Even after extensive search on the finding site
(since 2013),
no further meteorites were found. The following pieces is all that is
available of NWA 7835.
http://www.sr-meteorites.de/specials/nwa7835/nwa7835.html
NWA 7835 will be shown in the coming week at the famous Ensisheim Meteorite
Show.

Photos of the main mass (before cutting) can be seen under the following
links:
http://sr-meteorites.de/photos/nwa7835.jpg
http://sr-meteorites.de/photos/nwa7835-2.jpg

Please don?t hesitate to contact me, if you have any questions.
info at meteoriten.com

In the coming weeks I will present some more amazing meteorites at this
place, don?t miss the opportunity to aquire some of the most exotic
meteorites for
your collection! Thanks for looking!

Best wishes,
Stefan