[meteorite-list] Location of Mauerkirchen Meteorite Samples

From: Herbert Raab <hraab2006_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 22:59:35 +0200 (CEST)

Dear curators and collectors,

I am working on a short paper on the occasion of the upcoming 250th anniversary of the fall of the Mauerkirchen meteorite (1768-2018). For that, I try to track down the current location of as many samples of the Mauerkirchen meteorite as I can.

I would therefore kindly ask anyone who owns, curates or just knows the location of one or more samples of Mauerkirchen to provide me with some information on the number and weight of samples in the respective collection.

Please send the following information to my private e-mail (hraab2006 at aon.at):

* Location (place name, e.g. "Vienna")
* Collection name (e.g., "Natural History Museum" or "Neumann collection")
* Number and mass of samples (preferably mass of each sample, or total mass)

Please indicate if you do not want the name of the collection to be published. In that case, I will just list the location and "anonymous collection" to the list.