Micrometeorites

I recently came across an interesting artical regarding micrometeorites. I
posted a question that was not answered ( to my surprise) regarding
micrometeorites, I was wondering if anyone has ever done the experiment
posted by (Ninninger in "Find A Falling Star" ???  regarding collection of
micrometeorites from rain water and snow via collection from roof gutters. I
would greatly appreciate anyones input on this experiment. Thanks All!!

Glenn