Stra?burg-Meteorite-Exposition

Dear List Members,
I want to draw you attention to a meteorite-exhibition of the
Mineralogical Museum of the Louis Pasteur University in Straßburg
(Elsaß) and the Museum National d´Histoire Naturelle (Paris). Shown are
in the „Les Meteorites“called exhibition the best pieces of the
Straßburg collection. The Straßburg collection was founded by Hermann in
1803 and enlarged by Groth, Bruhns, Bücking and Emil Cohen. Till 1920 it
was one of the leading meteorite-collections in Europe. Today the
collection is not permanently presented to public.(Westphal& Eberhart
1980). Video-animation, interactive models and tables are taken over
from the Paris´exhibition.
The exhibition „Les Meteorites- Un voyage à travers les ages de l´espace
à la terre“ takes part at the planetarium at the observatory in
Straßburg (Observatoriumsstraße/ rue de l´observatoire) directly behind
the „new“ university building in the Straßburg-University campus. It is
opened till 2nd of August from Monday to Friday 9-12/ 14-17 at
Saturdays/ Sundays and holidays from 14-18 (note that in Elsaß
Summer-Holidays are starting at 30.06). You can reach the expo with bus
No 2 and 7 from the central place (Iserner Mann/ Homme de Fer)
To whose which are able to see this exhibition I can recommend it.
Best wishes
Wolfgang