underwater meteorites

Since the Earth is mostly covered with water, I would like to know if any meteorites have ever been recovered from the oceans or from any lakes that may been near a strewn field?  Would a 100% fusion crusted stone be protected from the harmful effects of the water?  With water being softer than dirt, a meteorite hitting it would slow down and then settle to the bottom with no damage, it would seem.

I had a underwater treasure hunter show me an object this weekend that was found off the coast of Florida while hunting for treasure coins, that looks like a fully crusted stone meteorite (with barnacles).  He said his metal detector went crazy over it and it sticks to my magnet like an L type. (waiting for a piece to be cut to see the interior)

Thanks for any information or comments,

John Sinclair