Asteroid Will Miss Earth By Comfortable Distance In 2028

To List members:

First I want to apologize to Darryl Pitt if I misinterpreted his postings.
I think Darryl you have admitted in your last message to me that you think
Brian Marsden of cfa Harvard Smithsonian was acting like a showman (PT
Barnum) instead of a professional scientist.
Your words to me were and I quote "i don't think it was jpl's fault.
marsden got infected by the p.t. barnum bug--it happens to the best of us."

A very dedicated scientist like Dr. Brian Marsden has worked for years to
reach the very top of his profession and has gained the respected by his
peers. Brian , I feel,
agonizes over what he had learned about this asteroid  XF11 and finally due
to the uncertainty of the data he put out a IAU press release announcing to
the science community and the world the truth of the matter as he honestly
determined those facts.
Yes I was happy that a very reliable source like cfa Harvard's own Dr Brian
Marsden was saying to the world - here is a possible civilization damaging
event coming and it is time for the peoples of the world to do the needed
work in research, NEO survey and engineering to solve this problem.