Re: Answer to Quiz

>>And the answer is:  St. Louis County (Missouri) holds legal ownership to the
>>St. Louis meteorite.

>I will attempt to clear up the cunfusion now.
>
>The main mass of the meteorite passed though several hands prior to it being
>thrown away in the trash about 6 years ago and hauled to the St. Louis County
>Dump, the citizens of St Louis County now possess it, and therefore are the
>legal owners of it...     ...forever, I guess!

So the St. Louis County is the CURRENT legal owner of the St. Louis
meteorite.  At the time of its fall, who was the legal owner?  The
car owner or St. Louis County?  Also, after retrieving it out of
the trash dump, how did they identify the meteorite as being the
St. Louis meteorite?

I will have my sample of the St. Louis meteorite on display at the
JPL Open House this weekend.  I'll place it next to my Peekskill
meteorite with its red car paint.

Ron Baalke