Re: The Fight for Truth, Justice, & the American Way, in Monahans

In a message dated 5/31/98 1:33:59 PM Central Daylight Time, excell@cris.com
writes:

<< (4) Someone ought to ask the City of Monahons what they intend to do with
the meteorite if they keep it.  >>
-----------------

Hi Steve and List,

In one of my many previous posts I did mention what the City of Monahans
intentions are:

The City Manager, after getting the meteorites back along with NASA's
analysis, wrote to the parents of the boys saying:

"The city plans to take the following action regarding the desposition of the
meteors at this time.  This is based upon my interpretation of the City
Council's position on the matter when the NASA official wanted to take the
meteoritcs for analysis

>  Each rock will be enclosed in a vacuum packed clear plexiglas container.
>  A disp[lay case will be provided at city hall.
>  The boys and the Deputy Sheriff that located the second meteorite will be
recognized by photo and news articles related to the story...

...The city would retain the meteor until such time that the appropriate
judicial court of record determines otherwise."

So that is their official stance.

Steve Arnold
www.meteoritebroker.com