Re: Re. Portales "feud"

<<  I know that the old argument will be made to "just use the delete button."
I have to  admit that over the summer with Monahans and now Portales my finger
has
 tired. >>

Is it actually possible that you are saying that it is preferable to have
suppression
of discussion by some self-appointed person(s), rather than run the risk of a
"tired finger?"     (how very totalitarian...)

I think it is always more valuable to have a free exchange of ideas, rather
than
having those ideas subject to SOMEONE's arbitrary judgment of acceptability.
I happen to be interested in the current differences of opinion, and I happen
to like reading opposing viewpoints, and then reaching a personal conclusion.
Those who are not interested in doing so, have every right to ignore & move
on.
But those who think "ignoring" and "moving on" are just way too much trouble,
and would prefer a structured censorship, might do well to reconsider what
happens to societies when suppression of discussion becomes acceptable.
(hint: it isn't good)
As soon as someone tries to silence YOU, you'll begin to "get it".

Gregory

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: