Re: Permineralized old stuff...

almitt schrieb:

> Hi Dave,
>
> It has been suggested that Gold Basin has been around for 20,000
> years. I don't have that information but I know that others on the
> list do.

Hi Al, Dave, and List!

My server was down, so I don't know the details of the above thread but
I can confirm the age of the Gold Basin meteorite:

D.A. Kring et al. (1998) Gold Basin Meteorite Strewn Field: The ‘Fossil’
remnants of an asteroid that catastrophically fragmented in Earth’s
atmosphere (Lunar and Planetary Science XXIX, excerpt):

"Preliminary cosmogenic nuclide studies indicate the meteorite fell
during the last ice age, 20,000 to 25,000 years ago."

Best regards,

Bernd

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: