[meteorite-list] Nanodiamonds

From: Lance Wozniak <yumalan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:36 2004

------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01C2201A.E400EE60

Hello Group,

My fascination with meteorites started about 2 years ago when I bought a =
Gibeon at an astronomy event and then two years later added a nice 40 =
gram Allende polished end piece as a birthday present. In the last two =
months I have added six more OC's and pallasites ( El Hammami, =
Juancheng, Udei Station, NWA 987 L3.8, Brenham and Brahin if it ever =
arrives from ebay) purchased from members websites and cautious ventures =
on ebay. I don't know where it will all end but I know I just love =
owning, looking at, dreaming of and reading about meteorites. I feel I =
have a responsibility as a small time curator to preserve and know as =
much about what I have as possible. Norton's recent "Encyclopedia" book =
is a treasure, and he writes so well it is easy to read even the =
geochemical details.

I read with keen interest the nanodiamond discoveries in Murchison and =
reference to it as the most abundant presolar grains in primitive =
chondites. I am unclear of which primitive chondrites he meant. Just =
CM's or is CV's, Allende and others possessive of nanodiamonds. Could =
some one give me a more complete list.

I have a feeling I have the meteorite-collector-gene and hope to see =
some of you at the next Tucson show or other event.

Thanks,

Lance Wozniak
Yuma, AZ

------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01C2201A.E400EE60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hello Group,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>My fascination with meteorites started about 2 years =
ago when=20
I bought a Gibeon at an astronomy event and then two years later added a =
nice 40=20
gram Allende polished end piece as a birthday present. In the last two =
months I=20
have added six more OC's and pallasites ( El Hammami, Juancheng, Udei =
Station,=20
NWA 987 L3.8, Brenham and Brahin if it ever arrives from =
ebay)&nbsp;purchased=20
from members websites and cautious ventures on ebay.&nbsp;I don't know =
where it=20
will all end but I know I just love owning, looking at, dreaming of and =
reading=20
about meteorites. I feel I have a responsibility as a small time curator =
to=20
preserve and know as much about what I have as possible. Norton's recent =

"Encyclopedia" book is a treasure, and he writes so well it is&nbsp;easy =
to read=20
even the geochemical details.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I&nbsp;read with&nbsp;keen interest&nbsp;the =
nanodiamond=20
discoveries in Murchison and&nbsp;reference to it as the most abundant =
presolar=20
grains in primitive chondites. I am unclear of which primitive =
chondrites he=20
meant. Just CM's or is CV's, Allende and others possessive of =
nanodiamonds.=20
Could some one give me a more complete list.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have a feeling I have the meteorite-collector-gene =
and hope=20
to see some of you at the next Tucson show or other event.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Lance Wozniak</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Yuma, AZ</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01C2201A.E400EE60--