[meteorite-list] AD: sell samples of the new impactite layer?

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:24:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ed and List,
  Ed, first there has to be an "impactite layer" to
collect; so far the Younger Dryas people have talked
about it but I am still ignorant as to whether their
claims are fact, fish or fiction. Hopefully Paul will
post links to their evidence of real impactites. OR
do you have your own source of impactites that you
claim knowledge of?

  Maybe you can market the rights to your idea to the
Nuclear Winter Camp or the Global Warming Camp since
the main part of the behind the scenes thrust for this
proposal is political, economic and belief driven?
Just reverse the sales techniques with the two groups
to get good results. Nuclear Winter Camp perhaps is
not in the belief camp...since it if founded on some
sound science? Perhaps tap into the oil companies and
get them to fund whichever party they decided to
support at a given moment? Maybe Bush will buy up
some since he seems to wasting large sums of money
lately.

  Most of the impact evidence that is going to show up
in dust samples is going to pretty small so you had
best prepare microscope slides of them. The user is
going to require a decent microscope also for the
larger glass shards or micro-tektites...for
micro-diamonds and fullerenes an electron microscope.
You could also market only the images.

  My personal guess is that the market would not be so
great unless they are easily collected and that you
can control the access to them. Most scientists are
not going to back your access to such rare specimens?

  Best of luck! Please elaborate about YOUR personal
impactite finds. Thanks!

  Dirk Ross...Tokyo