[meteorite-list] Global warming? Blame Tunguska

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:36:35 -0700 (PDT)

> Daylight Time,
> markf at ssl.gb.com writes:
> ....this 'NEO deflection technology' that is
> being developed, could it not potentially also be
> (technically at least)
> used to steer an impact to occur onto a 'foreign
> power's country'?
> perhaps even with smaller rocks - A sort of 'natural
> nuke'?...

What is wrong with this species??? :)

Why do we instinctively modify innocuous technology to
kill?

I am increasingly coming to the opinion that the
pencil was initially designed as a stabbing tool which
gave the victim lead poisoning.
When someone realised that it could be used to write
with they probably thought "cool, you can use it to
write the instructions on how to stab someone with it"

(Yes I know pencils don't really contain lead)