Re: Acapulco

Hello Everyone,

     Frank Stroik wrote:

>     The Acapulcoite parent body accreted bfore the H- chondrite
>parent body, and thus had more Al 26. This excess Al 26 decayed, and
>heated the Acapulcoite parent body to the point of obliterating the
>chondrules present, and restructuring all the major minerals in the
>parent asteroid.
>	This indicates that the parent body was smaller than the
>H-chondrite parent body.

     Frank, I have a question about your Feb. 13 "Acapulco" posting that
mentioned something about the size of the Acapulcocite parent body.  How can
one conclude just from the excess Al 26 present in an early-formed parent
body, and its obliterating of the chondrules of the parent body, that the
Acapulcocite parent body was smaller than the olivine-bronzite (H) chondrite
parent body?  Is it because even the excess amount of Al 26 present in the
Acapulcocite parent body would not have had enough time due to its short
"lifespan" to change a large parent body on the scale seen in Acapulcocites?
 Or is it because even a large amount of Al 26 could not change the
chondrules as substantially as seen in Acapulcocites in a large parent body
because the Al 26 would not have been powerful enough?

Thanks,
Jens