Re: velocity of incandecense vs atmosphere density

>a bigger question, if fire is your topic, is how does the sun appear to
>burn?
>
>There is no oxygen there...
>
>A different form of fire, I guess, the residual flame of nuclear radiation.
>It is not fire as we know it....

Actually, the sun is a giant nuclear fusion reaction. It is not burning as in
a oxidizing flame.

The main point I was interested in was whether or not a person on Mars would
see an incandecent fireball when an object entered the atmosphere, and
whether
it was purely frictional (and/or compression) heat or was there a certain
amount of oxidation occuring.

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: